This beautiful jewelry box is easy to make with just card and ribbon, using our free downloadable template. A perfect rainy-day activity, or used as favors for a ballet-themed party – just write each guest’s name in the frame provided.
Thin Card Stock
Glue or Double-Sided Tape
2 x Pieces of Ribbon (22cm long)
Ruler & Paper Scoring Tool (optional)
1. Print onto card stock and cut out all of the pieces.
2. Lay a ruler along the dashed lines and use a paper scoring tool to crease the card stock. (This step is optional, but it will make your card easier to fold and give a crisp finish!).
3. Punch out the holes in the cardboard using a paper scoring tool or a sharp pencil with a piece of tac underneath.
4. Start by folding up the sides on the 'Box Base' and gluing into place. Thread one of the ribbons into the hole and knot on the inside.
5. Fold the ‘Lid' panels downwards and glue to the back of the 'Box Base'.
Thread the 2nd ribbon through the hole in the ‘Lid' and knot.
6. Place the 'Lining Panels' inside the 'Box Base'.
7. Stick the ‘Backdrop' to the reverse side of the ‘Lid'.
8. Fold the ‘Stage' as shown in the diagram and place into the 'Box Base'.
9. Fold the panel on the ‘Ballerinas' inward and and stick to part B of the ‘Stage'.
10. Fold and glue the ‘Support’ as shown.
11. Finish by writing your name (or guest’s name) in the frame on top of the lid.